Thursday, February 5, 2009

why is it...

that whenever I look into a mirror I do a double take to see who it is that I'm looking at. I have begun wearing scarves and turtlenecks even when the weather doesn't quite call for it. This is the year I turn 50.

When I turned 30 I thought that I was "old"! Ha...little did I know. Some of the best memories I have were during my 30's. Mostly because my boys were young, sweet, loving and affectionate. And they needed mommy.

When I turned 40 I was single again, looking good and had a great job (well, a good paying one anyway). I just knew that my 40's would be the best time of my adult life! My sons were mostly grown. And I was free to do what I wanted and that's pretty much what happened.
Now that the 5th decade is upon me I feel clueless. There is no excitement or expectations. I have no major personal goals. Now when someone says that they did this or that ...or are going to do this or that...most times I think to myself..."been there, done that". What are the 50's going to be like? I don't have a clue except that I will continue to work, make things and see family as much as possible.

Oh and make some incredible scarves! ha...

Cheers...

No comments:

Hello world! It has been many years since there was a post on here. So, starting up anew. My fingers are not used to the keyboard...many mis...