Monday, January 13, 2014

Work ethic

When in my 20s, 30s, and 40s, I had a strong work ethic. My little boys needed a working mama to provide them with the necessities and extras of life. I would pride myself on being punctual and always right on time. If my job needed me to put in extra hours, I would. Decades I spent like this. Being the good mother, wife and worker. Divorce came after 20 years, my sons went away to college and grew up. A move to the south and a new culture changed me in ways I couldn't have predicted. 

Another move at age 50 back north brought profound change. (Or was it the age? Who knows). My northern comrades appear to judge me as non competitive, unmotivated $ wise. But I believe I've hit onto a golden secret. That "nothing really matters, at all"!!  
Nothing Really Matters, EXCEPT:
Kindness
Love and
Beauty!!

That's all folks. 

1 comment:

MarySue said...

I know exactly what you mean! It was that 'good Midwestern work ethic' that made us think we were doing the right thing by living that way. I did the same.

In retrospect...none of that stuff mattered at all and I missed an awful lot of time with my kids because I was so busy trying to be a "good employee".

Hello world! It has been many years since there was a post on here. So, starting up anew. My fingers are not used to the keyboard...many mis...