Monday, January 26, 2009

January...


is almost over. And with it (I am hoping) so is most of the winter weather.

On Friday we went to the Goodwill and loaded up on turtlenecks and sweaters. I found a London Fog winter coat with real fox fir trim around the hood for only $15.00! And it fits perfect and is in perfect condition. A couple of jeans also...and all for the same price that a pair of Levi's and a nice sweater would cost at a Kohl's store.

We ate at a Chinese restaurant in another town and I had the snow pea and chicken. The chicken was the worst thing. It didn't even have the texture of chicken and I am still wondering what kind of meat it was. I didn't eat it.

For the past couple of years we have been eating mostly REAL FOOD. And I have been making most all of it from scratch. So whenever we eat somewhere else and they are using additives and preservatives in the food...we can both tell the difference. And it just doesn't taste good or fresh. You can taste the chemicals in the food. It is like eating fake food. Yes, I have become finicky about my food.

I read labels and if the ingredients list anything that is not a real food, most of the time I will pass on it. And we don't really spend a lot of money on food for the 2 of us. About $50.00 per week...unless we splurge on something special like salmon or a special cut of meat.

For the last couple of years I have been experimenting with my diet. And have been almost exclusively vegan for the past 1 1/2 years. But my energy level was extremely low, I was loosing the thickness in my hair and I was tired all the time. (not to mention the moodiness). So I have been back to eating dairy (only yogurt) and eating small amounts of fish and poultry. This seems to work in getting my energy level back where it should be and my hair is not coming out in my comb like it was.

I walked Mattie this morning and it is COLD outside. The high today is supposed to get into the teens! Wooohoo!

Tax time is nearing and so all the paperwork needs to get organized. That is my goal for the day.

Another goal for this week is making some home-made chi tea. There are lots of great blogs out there with wonderful recipes. You use milk in it. So I will substitute it with rice milk or maybe even coconut milk. Experiment time!

Cheers!

No comments:

Hello world! It has been many years since there was a post on here. So, starting up anew. My fingers are not used to the keyboard...many mis...