Wednesday, January 28, 2009

my first home made cup of...


chai tea. And it tastes fantastic! This is what I did:

All our small sauce pans are still packed away in the garage so I used a stainless steel bowel on the stove. I added 2 cups of water to the bowel. Once the water started getting hot I added some crushed cardamon seeds and crushed fennel seeds. Let the water come to a boil and then added one (opened bag) tea bag of chia spice tea. Then turn the water off cover the bowel and let steep for about 5 minutes. While it is steeping warm up about 1/4 cup of coconut milk with a sweetener to the desired sweetness. I finely grated some nutmeg into the coconut milk also . I used Xylitol for my sweetener but you may use sugar, honey or any other sweetener you perfer.

Put half of the warm milk into a cup and using a strainer pour half the tea into cup too. Stir good and garnish with a few strands of saffron!!!

Oh my living God! This tastes so good!

You can get 2 delicious cups out of this recipe.

I have had this saffron (the most expensive spice in the world) for a few months now. Having received it from my sister who married into an Arabic family and lived overseas for a few years. It is my GOLD! I've only used it a couple of other times with rice dishes. I always feel like Royalty whenever I cook with it or even look at it in the bottle. There is not much left. And the bottle was only filled about 1/2 inch when I received it.

No comments:

Hello world! It has been many years since there was a post on here. So, starting up anew. My fingers are not used to the keyboard...many mis...