Friday, March 19, 2010


Recently, I made a vow to not drink coffee ever...in my life, again! Upset stomach and heartburn followed by fatigue are the undesirable after-effects. I reckoned that since I never even tasted coffee until I was in my 30's anyway, I Would be able to Live without it. So I made the vow.

This Wednesday was a long work day for me. I was out of town and no time to eat lunch. On my way home I was weakened and craved a cup of warm, spiced, creamy coffee! Remembering I had a $10.00 in my purse I drove the long way home as to stop at the local coffee shop (I am known to frequent this place enough that they remember me. And usually ask, "You like extra cream with that don't you?"). Always, I check my purse for whatever money I will need before I even get to the checkout of any store. Just my COD kicking in. So, I check my purse. I'm digging and opening wallets and moleskins (yes, more than one moleskin...I keep multiple "diaries"...Lord help the Emergency Responders trying to find my I.D., should That time ever come). No money was to be found.

By this time I was at the coffee shop. In defeat I turned toward home. First I was pissed off that I wasn't able to have the refreshment. Then I was pissed off that now I had to take the long way home. Ultimately, I realized that I was helped by an invisible force to stick to my vow!!!

So this morning, I was cleaning out my purse and there crumbled up on the bottom was a $10.00 bill.

We had a 90% chance of rain my noon today. Current weather, SUNNY and 50's!! Snow is predicted for tonight...1-3 inches.

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens

No comments:

Hello world! It has been many years since there was a post on here. So, starting up anew. My fingers are not used to the keyboard...many mis...